* Membership Rates *
ND/Associate = $19
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER OF OncANP?
The OncANP is a membership organization open to all current naturopathic students and licensed NDs, most of whom are general family health providers who see a handful of cancer patients as part of their practice. In order to become a member, you simply need to have graduated from a CNME-approved naturopathic school and be licensed. The annual dues for an ND are $150 and give you many great benefits including: listing on our website "Find a ND" section, access to our online forum where practitioners share information and talk about case studies, a monthly research review which is eligible for CE credits, teleconference Tumor Boards, and much more.
There is also a second aspect to our membership that commonly gets confused with becoming an associate member. We have created a process by which to become board certified in naturopathic oncology, termed FABNO (Fellow to the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology). This specialized portion of our membership is meant only for those members who focus a majority of their practice on oncology. In other words, those practitioners who have at least 65% of their practice made up of oncology patients. In order to qualify for this portion you must first be an OncANP member, and then fill out an application form, present case studies and pass an exam. This exam process happens every 18 months.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF OncANP?
The OncANP is poised to lead the growing swell of interest in and knowledge of the practice of naturopathic oncology. An increasing number of consumers and practitioners alike will look towards the OncANP to set the standard for the way non-conventional and integrative oncology is practiced. Thus, it is imperative that the OncANP responsibly and diligently promote the practice of naturopathic oncology in an effective way. The OncANP is defined by its membership and only through membership will the OncANP gain the strength, momentum and resources necessary to accomplish its goals. When you become a member of the Oncology Academy of Naturopathic Physicians, you will join a community of colleagues committed to the growth and development of naturopathic oncology and its integration into cancer care. As more cancer centers realize the benefits of naturopathic intervention, they will seek a properly credentialed naturopathic doctor-such as Fellow to ABNO (FABNO; American Board of Naturopathic Oncology, the board certification arm of the OncANP). Your membership dues and participation in the OncANP will help the OncANP reach its goals.
The following are benefits given to ND/Associate Members:
1. eligibility for board certification;
2. participation in tumor board /case reports conference calls including speaker privileges;
3. access to a host of features on the website such as slideshows, audio segments and published peer-reviewed articles relation to naturopathic oncology, clinical discussion forums & forum archives, minutes of meetings, notices & updates and current events;
4. a free listing on the OncANP website as a naturopathic physician who sees cancer patients. As the Association and website grown, expect to benefit by increased patient referrals to your office;
5. ability to cast a vote for and/or become a member of the Board of Directors [limited to certian levels of membership (see below)];
6. participation in OncANP events;
7. participation in one or more of the committees of the OncANP
8. access to online naturopathic oncology chat group
9. participation in webinars
10. discount on OncANP annual conference
STUDENT MEMBERS: Benefits Include: #2, #3, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10
ALLIED MEMBERS: Benefits Include # 2, #6, #9, #10